"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"
-Pre

Thursday, July 12, 2012

RECAP : July 2 - July 8

--- Monday - 07/02/12 ---


Pineridge - 32:47


Easy lap around pineridge starting from Maxwell TH.




--- Tuesday - 07/03/12 ---


Easy 2 miles in the PM around the neighborhood - 14:11


Was going to take the day off as a rest day before the 5k tomorrow morning, but ended up getting out for a couple of laps around Troutman park -- running on the grass. easy jog.



--- Wednesday - 07/04/12 ---


Liberty 5k - 17:01 -- 3rd place


Race Report


--- Thursday - 07/05/12 ---


Foothills Trail (short loop) + 1 lap of Pineridge - 1:04


Felt good. Legs a little stiff from the uptempo speed during yesterdays race effort.


--- Friday - 07/06/12 ---


Foothills Trail (long loop) - 46:37


Hot - but felt good.


--- Saturday - 07/07/12 ---


Valley Trails - 1:11


Workout went like this :


Horsetooth Liquor store > Inlet Bay > Soderberg TH > Swan Johnson > Shoreline > Nomad > West valley > Arthurs Rock TH > back the same way...


Was planning on making the extra trek up Arthurs Rock once I got to the trailhead, but legs felt slow and heavy today.  And so I turned around at the trailhead, making for an easy run along the up and down rolling hills throughout the valley.




--- Sunday - 07/08/12 ---


OFF - rest day




----------------------------------------------------------------------


A super easy week of training.



  • Ran an "ok" 5k time at the Liberty 5k. Keep reminding myself that I posted that time with zippo speed work in the last few months -- and so I guess that makes me feel slightly better about my overall fitness.
  • Legs felt a little stiff in the days after the race.  First race/ track workout in awhile usually does that to you.
  • I am starting my new training plan this upcoming week.  I will go into more details about it in my next post, but as of right now I am looking forward to it!
  • Still havent found a race for July or August yet. I might register for a one or two 5k's (just to see what sorta time I can post with some speed training under my belt) -- but nothing in terms of trail races.  I am bummed out about this, but it might be a good thing as I am still on the fence about registering for the 100 miler at the end of September up in Steamboat.  Maybe I can just use the rest of the summer to focus my training on that...and cut back on the racing. 

I came across this video a few months back, its a good laugh from a trail-running perspective. ENJOY!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out these links!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...