"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"
-Pre

Sunday, May 6, 2012

RECAP : April 30 - May 6

--- Monday - 04/30/12 ---


Pineridge - 31:30


Starting from Maxwell TH, I ran one lap of Pineridge. Easy -- the theme of the week.




--- Tuesday - 05/01/12 ---


Foothills Trail (medium loop) - 39:20


Started from Maxwell TH.




--- Wednesday - 05/02/12 ---


Foothills Trail (long loop) - 50 minutes


Longest run of the week today.  Focus is on my taper. Generally 50 minutes is a rather easy day of running, far from my weekly long run distance. but since I am in my taper -- overall mileage, vertical, and time on my feet cut significantly this week.




--- Thursday - 05/03/12 ---


Pineridge - 33:10


One easy lap around Pineridge starting from Maxwell TH.



--- Friday - 05/04/12 ---


Pineridge - 40:15


Starting from the dog park at the end of Horsetooth, I ran an easy 20 minutes out and back.




--- Saturday - 05/05/12 ---


Pineridge - 30:20


Starting from the dog park I ran an easy short loop throughout Pineridge.




Took Elli for a walk in her little red wagon early in the morning -- Giddy up Dadda!








Tried out my new Brooks Cascadia 6 shoes which came via UPS yesterday afternoon:




MT 101's on left, Cascadia 6's on right

Under carriage comparison








As much as I enjoy the minimal style of the MT 101's, there is a part of me that has been looking for another semi- low profile, neutral shoe with slightly more cushion and durability -- however not overly bulky or heavy.

The Brooks Cascadia 6's seem to fit the bill.  Marked down to $60.00 from $110.00 -- yeah, was a no brainer.  Its funny,  as soon as the next years model shoe comes out, last years shoe becomes obsolete.  I never really understood that, I mean sure, there might be a few slight changes in the new model, but c'mon, talk about a marketing ploy. It happens every year -- year in, year out -- so I just wait until the next years shoe comes out and purchase this years model for up to half price! Who pays full price for shoes these days, crazy!


In the late afternoon we grilled up some burgers with Steve, Virginia and Rayya at the Res.
Below is a pic of Andrea and Elli kayaking!




Andrea and Elli kayaking at the Res, near the Foothills Trail

Foothills Trail looking North..ahh sunset!

Foothills Trail looking South




--- Sunday - 05/06/12 ---


Pineridge - 41:10


Starting from the dog park at the end of Horsetooth I ran one lap around Pineridge.
Easy effort all the way.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------


A super easy week of running.  With less than a week to go before my first 50 mile mountain ultra, I have been focusing entirely on my taper.  Running easy and cutting down the mileage might sound like an easy task for most, but for me it is something that takes constant internal reminders throughout my runs.  The first 30 minutes or so of my runs I am still finding my legs, and so for my runs to only last 30 minutes or so all week long --- felt really misplaced....borderline slacking.
But I know this taper mode of training is a necessity, and will pay dividends come race day.

As much as I am pumped and psyched up for the race on Saturday, I am still partially nervous.  I think its the fact that anything can happen race day -- upset stomach, nausea, heavy legs, cramping, bonking, arriving late to the start...etc  and I am just hoping everything clicks just right. Pre-race jitters?.... I suppose so.

Looking at the entrants list, there are a handful of quality runners in the field.
Not making any predictions. But I will have a guarantee --That I will leave it all out on the trail, in one word -- Relentless.

I will write up a post race -- aid station to aid station -- race report sometime following the race on either Saturday or Sunday.

All the hard work is done, time to make it count.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out these links!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...