"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"
-Pre

Monday, April 2, 2012

RECAP : Mar 26 - April 1

--- Monday - 03/26/12 ---

Horsetooth Mountain Park - 1 hour 16 minutes


Workout went like this:

Horsetooth liquor store > Main TH > South Ridge > Rock Trail > Wathen > Spring Creek > Falls > Main TH > back down hill to truck.

Spring Creek

Spring Creek
An easy paced run all the way.


--- Tuesday - 03/27/12 ---

Track workout (3 x 800m)  2:31, 2:33, 2:32 + easy 40 minutes @ Pineridge in PM

Had some time to get to the track during lunch break and wanted to get in a few 800's.  I havent been to the track in several weeks, and thought it would be a wise to get back "on track" on more of a consistent basis, as I did throughout the winter months.
Temps were great, mid 60's. However my allergies had me clogged up pretty good today. Felt like I was running with a clothes pin clamped around my nose..ohh well.  One cool thing is while I was starting my warmup, Adriana Nelson Pirtea approached me and asked if I would like to run with (or pace) her for some of her 800's. I think she was running in neighborhood of about 10 x 800m total.  Slightly more than I could squeeze into my lunch break, but said "sure".  Her husband, Jeremy, was there recording her splits throughout the workout.
Anyway, I had to cut it short--only 3 repeats, and then head back to work....clogged up allergy filled nose and all.

Summary :
1 mile warmup
3 x 800m repeats w/2 minute recovery
1 mile cool down

After work I headed out for an easy 40 minute short run at Pineridge. I did my own mix of a loop run starting from Maxwell TH. Easy jog pace.



--- Wednesday - 03/28/12 ---

3 x loops around Pineridge - 1 hour 29 minutes


Workout went like this :

Starting from Maxwell TH I ran 3 counter-clockwise loops around Pineridge.


Easy pace for the most part with several Fartlek type surges here and there on some of the up and down rollers along the West trail.



--- Thursday - 03/29/12 ---

Foothills Trail  (medium loop) - 38:27

Easy day, felt good.  Weather all week has been spectacular. Mid 70's!  Nice!



--- Friday - 03/30/12 ---

Horsetooth Mountain Park - 2 hours 5 minutes



Workout went like this:


Horsetooth liquor store > Main TH > South Ridge > Rock Trail > Westridge > Towers > L on Stout > Down Sawmill > turned around just as Sawmill opened up to valley > back up Sawmill > L on Stout > crossed over Towers > Continued on Stout > Falls > Main TH > back down to truck

Todays run was more of a "what trail do I feel like taking now", as opposed to anything pre-planned.  Felt okay, legs kinda heavy.

Falls Trail




--- Saturday - 03/31/12 ---

OFF

Technically speaking---I did not run.  But I use the term "off" very lightly.  As I spent a solid 5 hours outside with my father in law and brother in law under the dehydrating, sunny 85 degree day, pulling up and discarding 4 large Juniper bushes from our yard, raking both the front and back yard, removing all of the bark chips on our property and finally cleaning it all up. 2 full truck loads, a trip to the dump, and 5 hours out in the sun  --- time to put my feet up and take a nap!
 Much love and thanks for family to come up from the Denver area and help out for the day. Much appreciated! Thank you!



--- Sunday - 04/01/12 ---

Horsetooth Mountain Park - 1 hour 43 minutes


Workout went like this:

Horsetooth liquor store > Main TH > Falls > Spring Creek > Wathen > Westridge > Towers > Spring Creek > Falls > Main TH > back down to truck

Temps today were in the mid 80's!  Wow!  Super warm day for only the first day in April. Trails today were as expected --- Packed!  Even on less popular trails like Wathen, I ran by at least a dozen or so hikers. I generally enjoy the less populated trails over the constant yelling "on your left", hiker and weekend warrior filled trails.  But today I did not mind as much. Probably because the spring season is young and it has yet to bother me.  Come mid July and I am sure I will be feeling differently.  Although one thing I always seem to enjoy when running along packed trails are the constant words of "encouragement"  by folks out there going for a walk or hike. Words like "Wow, you are crazy", "Nice work", "Good job", "Keep it up", "Way to kick arse" and even the occasional hand clap!....are all good to hear. Although my favorite one today was when a couple walking along Wathen trail moved off to the side to let me by and then the girl elbowed her boyfriend and said, "why arent you out here running like that?"..hehe.  Gotta love it.

View from Towers

Spring Creek canyon

Rollers on Spring Creek


Anyway, another hot shirt-less run today. I tried to choose trails that would have the most shade coverage over head. A nice breeze, despite the warm temps, felt really good throughout the run. Filled up both of my empty hand held H2O bottles near the end of my run at the TH and guzzled down 20oz of cold liquid goodness in about 10 seconds. Ahh...refreshing!

Felt great today.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------

A  nice week of running under the warming Colorado sky. Temps have been really nice this week, with a few days in the 80's!
Looking forward to another day at the track this week as well as one or two long runs. Either this week or next I plan to do a  B2B (Back to Back) long run days to help simulate running on tired and fatigued legs. Something I will encounter come race day.  Not sure how far or how long I plan to go. Most likely will take place in Horsetooth/Lory (maybe some of Blue Sky).
One of these weeks I plan to buy a parks pass so that I dont have to run the extra mile to and from the trailhead to get into Horsetooth Mtn park.

Another solid week of running in the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out these links!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...