"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"
-Pre

Monday, May 21, 2012

RECAP : May 14 - May 20

--- Monday - 05/14/12 ---


OFF


Two days after the race and still really sore.  Needed assistance getting up from a seated position, going up and down stairs etc....
Took the day off work and sat on the couch most of the day...watching TV -- napping..etc


--- Tuesday - 05/15/12 ---


OFF


Still sore, but manageable.  Nothing like Sunday and yesterdays soreness level.


--- Wednesday - 05/16/12 ---


AM -- easy 25 minutes
PM -- easy 25 minutes


50 minutes total.


Woke up today feeling fine -- no soreness!  No wincing with every step!


Since we are down to 1 vehicle now, as my truck is out of commission for the time being -- we have been carpooling. Dropping Elli off at daycare and then off to work.
However, I woke up today feeling normal again and decided to make the 2.5 mile trip into work by way of jogging.

No soreness while running, but my legs definitely felt lethargic and "heavy".

Easy jog to get the legs moving again.


--- Thursday - 05/17/12 ---


OFF


Didn't run today but spent A TON of time on my feet at work...walking. Upwards of 3-4 hours of walking at work. Plus we walked to the grocery store and Panera for dinner after work.  So a solid 4 hours+ of walking on the day.

Felt good to sit down and relax this evening!


--- Friday - 05/18/12 ---


Horsetooth Rock Summit - 1 hr 20 minutes


With the Hewlett Gulch fire burning since Monday, the air quality has been awful -- at best.  However, I had the opportunity today to get in a run up at Horsetooth Mtn park and thought that a Horsetooth Rock summit would be a great vantage point to take in the views of the fire. (Which I think has burned down all of the Grey Rock trail --- A great place for a hike/run ... extremely bummed out about this!)


Anyway, the view from Horsetooth Rock was hazy and overcast.  Not as clear as I would have liked for the pics -- which I guess is fine since the pics I took with my camera are no where to be found on my camera sd card...  weird!?


On the running front, I took the run easy today. Legs still are not fresh, but they are starting to feel more like my old self again.  Easy on the ups and easy on the downs.

Workout went like this:

Horsetooth Liquor Store > Main TH > South Ridge > Audra Culver > Rock Trail > Summit > Back down Rock Trail > South Ridge > Main TH > back down to Horsetooth Liquor Store

Total Time : 1 hr 20 minutes




--- Saturday - 05/19/12 ---


PM-- easy 25 minutes


Spent most of the day in the yard.  Pulling weeds (1 large wheel-barrel full), mowing, fertilizing, edging...etc.
After we put down Elli for the night, Andrea had some late evening errands-- grocery shopping..etc
And so I didnt get out the door until 11:15 pm.  Was considering just going to bed instead of running, but the cool evening temps felt nice.


Ran an easy 25 minutes around town.




--- Sunday - 05/20/12 ---


Foothills Trail (medium loop) - 39:05


Starting from the Maxwell TH, I ran easy on the Foothills trail.


Ran easy for the most part with a few surges thrown in here and there to test out the legs.  Felt good -- each day a little more fresh and with a little more spring in my step than the previous day --- good stuff.




--------------------------------------------------------------


Fresh off my first 50 mile ultra finish, I spent the majority of the week in easy recovery --- run whenever and wherever, my legs felt like.

Moving on from my disappointing race last week, I am enjoying feeling stronger and more fresh in my stride with every passing day.  Still not 100% -- but certainly more mobile than I was a week ago!

Looking forward to getting back on track with my training this week -- as I slowly get back into the groove again.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out these links!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...