"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"
-Pre

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

RECAP : May 21 - May 27

--- Monday - 05/21/12 ---


Foothills Trail (medium loop) - 39 min


Started from Maxwell TH.  Felt tired --need to get more sleep at night.




--- Tuesday - 05/22/12 ---


Pineridge - 31:10


Started from Maxwell TH. Felt ok, easy pace.




--- Wednesday - 05/23/12 ---


Ran long way home from work - 55 min


Busy day. No time for run early or during lunch break.  Since we are still carpooling to and from work, I decided to take the super out-of-my-way route home from work.


Workout went like this:


Starting from work (campus), I ran to the Spring Creek Trail (..err...path!) and ran West on that all the way to Spring Canyon park.  Hopped onto Horsetooth Rd and took that East -- past Taft -- Past Shields....and back home.








--- Thursday - 05/24/12 ---


Pineridge - 30:51


Started from Maxwell TH.  Easy lap around Pineridge.




--- Friday - 05/25/12 ---


Horsetooth Mtn - 56 min


Workout went like this:


Horsetooth Liquor Store > Main TH > Falls > Stout > down Towers > Swan Johnson > Inlet Bay > back to truck.


Legs felt ok. Little sloppy the first few miles, then felt good during the second half of the run.




--- Saturday - 05/26/12 ---


Horsetooth Mtn - 1:32



With Steve.

Workout Went like this:

Main TH > South Ridge > Rock Trail > Westridge > Towers > Herrington > Soderberg > South Ridge > Main TH > Down to Falls > turned around just before fall> back up to Main TH.

Basically ran the Horsetooth trail race course with the addition of running down to the falls and back up to the trailhead with Steve.

In the afternoon, went on a short hike at ELC with Andrea and Elli:

Elli -- A happy hiker!

Look Dadda -- A stick!


--- Sunday - 05/27/12 ---


OFF


Spending today and tomorrow down at my in-laws.  Took the day off.
Elli had a great time playing with her 1 year old Cousin Naomi today.



---------------------------------------------------------------------------


Legs have been hit or miss since the 50 miler a few weeks ago.  Some days they feel springy and strong, and other days heavy and slow.  


I really have been taking it easy in the mileage department the last week or two. Which is something I plan to change.  Our truck has been in and out of the Mechanic shop for the last 5 days, and so with working 8 hours a day and down to 1 car for the family -- finding time to get in some quality distance has been a struggle.


At some point I would like to get in a mix of both morning and afternoon workouts to help supplement additional mileage. If I can find the time -- thats the plan of action.


2 races this upcoming weekend. A road 5k in Loveland and an 8 and 12.5 mile trail race in Horsetooth Mtn park this Saturday morning -- I am considering running in one of them....most likely the trail race.  But not 100% on either one yet.  I will see how my legs feel this week. I sure hope they get back to fully recovered and fresh soon.  A short, hard run up in Horsetooth Mtn does sound like a fun time -- if my legs are ready.


I briefly mentioned it earlier, but my truck has been in and out of the mechanic shop for 5 days. Which is not only frustrating, but expensive.   I actually had to politely refuse to pay a $125 for work done to my truck in which I did not previously approve the mechanic to perform. (that was an awkward and slightly nerve-racking conversation)  This was after forking over $400 to get my truck starting again, which the mechanic was sure he had fixed it.  only to start it up Saturday morning and...nothing!   Ugh!


Anyway, finally got my truck starting....for now!  I hope I dont have to make any more calls to the mechanic this week.



Back on the running front, I am really getting an itch to get up into the high country for some solid single track high altitude mountain goodness.  Not sure when I will have time for this, but hopefully at some point in June I can get up there a few times.

As far as next week goes:
I hope to get in some longer runs, a track workout and a few 2 a day workouts --- just gotta find and/or make the time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out these links!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...