"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"
-Pre

Friday, April 26, 2013

RECAP: April 15 - April 21

Monday - 04/15/13

Pineridge - 34:55

Work closed at 3pm due to the blizzard that began to move in across town early in the morning.  Was hoping to get in more time on my feet since I essentially had more time because work shut down so early.  But road conditions were deteriorating quickly.  Took me an hour to drive about 5 miles to pick up Eliana after I finished my run.
Fresh powder though -- boo yah!



Tuesday - 04/16/13

Around town plowing through snow drifts -- 1hr 12 mins

By noon there was a solid foot of snow on the ground. Work shut down at noon and let us go home. Road conditions were awful for driving.  4 accidents in 3 miles along the road.  Decided to head home and run from my doorstep instead of trying to make something happen on the trails.
I trust the lugs on the bottom of my shoes more than I trust the rubber wheels of my truck on ice/snow.



Wednesday - 04/17/13

Another trot through town with 3ft + drifts -- 65 mins

Slogging through 20 inches of snow over unplowed sidewalks essentially made for a 1 hour "high Knee" workout session.  Man, I am looking forward to having my feet make contact with a grippy surface once again.  Snow is fun and all, but C'MON summer!




Thursday - 04/18/13

Foothills Trail + Centennial road - 46 mins

Road conditions were drive-able today so I decided to head over to Maxwell TH for a run up the hill and see how it goes.

hard to see the "trail"


every other step was a knee deep sinker

frozen tundra


View of Horsetooth

Lory across the way



The effort it took to slog my way through a few miles of knee to mid thigh sinkers every few steps was brutal.  So by the time I got up to Centennial Road I had decided to stay on the road and head back to Maxwell TH that way.




Friday - 04/19/13

Pineridge - 42 mins

2 feet of fresh snow on top of a good 4-6 inches of wet slush --- made for yet another slow slog around Pineridge.  Felt like I was running through a Pina Colada flavored slurpee machine.  Winds were whipping pretty good today.



Saturday - 04/20/13

2 X Horsetooth Mtn rock summits + Falls loop - 2hrs 35 mins

Decided to head up a little higher out of the slush pools back in town for a run up in Horsetooth.
Workout went like this:

Main TH > up rock trail > Rock summit > down rock trail > Main TH > back up South Ridge > Audra Culver > Rock summit > down rock trail > Main TH > Falls trail > turned around at falls and back to Main TH

Trails were a mix of ice/slush/packed snow/powder --- good times!

Easy effort, but felt good to get in some vertical finally for the week with the double summit today.  Its been rough trying to get in anything with the blizzard earlier this week.



Rock summit on ice!





Sunday - 04/21/13

Horsetooth Mtn - 90 mins

Workout went like this:
Main TH > rock trail > southridge > towers > down spring creek > falls > Main TH

A slow slushy grind in parts, super easy effort -- felt great.



valley from Spring Creek


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  • Didnt get in nearly as much mileage as I would have liked because of the blizzard.

  • Slogging through 2 feet of snow isnt as easy as it sounds sometimes!  

  • Quad Rock 50 miler is only 3 weeks out.  I feel great right now -- lets hope some of this snow melts away before race day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out these links!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...