"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"
-Pre

Friday, May 24, 2013

RECAP: May 13 - May 19

Monday - 05/13/13

Pineridge - 45:27



Tuesday - 05/14/13

Pineridge - 42:20



Wednesday - 05/15/13

Pineridge - 34:33



Thursday - 05/16/13

Foothills trail (medium loop) + Pineridge - 68 mins



Friday - 05/17/13

2 laps around Pineridge starting from Spring Canyon Park - 65 mins



Saturday - 05/18/13

OFF

One of the craziest, worst days I have had in a loooooong time!

First this happens...

Radiator hose blows up on my way back from my second trip to the landfill --- Got towed home


Then this happens...

Since my truck was out of commission and we needed to get other things done around the house to get ready for my bro and sister in law and their 2 kiddos to move in with us tomorrow morning, I decided to do some yard work -- until I realized that one of the ball joint valves was spraying water everywhere --- yard work postponed.


And then this happened...


Came back from dinner (driving our one and only functioning vehicle) around 7pm to realize that our dog was nowhere to be found..missing without wearing her tags!   Larimer county humane society was closed by this time. So I put aside the long list of things still needed to get done around the house (move furniture, clean....etc) and drove around for about 2 hours searching everywhere I could within a 1- 1.5 mile radius from our home --- nothing.

Decided to go for a walk at midnight with a flashlight in hand hoping that she would be at the local park somewhere hiding under a bush and maybe the still of the night would allow my voice to travel further so she could hear me.  Walked for about 45 minutes --- nothing
Needless to say I got almost no sleep that night. Thankfully the temps were pretty moderate -- 40's at night, nothing brutally cold.

Stopped into the humane society first thing in the morning hoping she was there --- nothing. Filled out some forms and gave them her picture.  I decided to print up 50 flyers and hang them up around surrounding neighborhoods. Then at about 2 pm we got a call that someone found a dog that looks like her --- short story, it was her!  She was found about 2 miles away, after she had already crossed Horsetooth Road and also crossed over Shields!




Sunday - 05/19/13

OFF - no sleep last night thinking about Gypsy being out all night. Spent an hour hanging up flyers and spent the rest of the day moving my bro and sister in law into our house and then spent another hour pulling down the missing dog flyers once we found her.  So glad she was found safe.
Headache gone, stress dropping --- finally had a few minutes in the PM to get some shut eye and nap on couch for a bit........never thought I would say this, but is it Monday yet??  lol.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  • Its a funny thing how priorities and plans change when things in life pop up out of nowhere!


  • Truck will be out of commission until at least next weekend. So mostly will be running to and from work all of next week as my runs for the day --- nothing exciting or fancy but it will get me from point A to point B...and back!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out these links!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...