"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"
-Pre

Friday, June 7, 2013

RECAP : May 27 - June 2

Monday - 05/27/13 (Memorial Day!)

Horsetooth Mountain Park - 1 hr 53 mins

Workout went like this:
Main TH > Rock Trail > Westridge > Towers > Spring Creek > up Wathan > Rock Summit > down Rock Trail > Main TH

First time back up on some hills in almost 2 weeks!  Met up with Steve and I was able to drive our one and only working vehicle up there to get in an early run on this Memorial day.  The girls stayed home and made breakfast which allowed me to use our car to get out there for a nice change of scenery.
Dave, my bro in law tagged along and hiked to the summit while Steve and I ran. Dave is new to the Fort, and showing him the local trails for hiking has been fun.



Tuesday - 05/28/13

AM : 22:32

to work via the mason street trail.

PM : 55:12

ran home via Spring Creek trail (long route) to Spring Canyon Park.



Wednesday - 05/29/13

AM : 23:05

to work via the mason street trail.


PM : 21:22

ran home via mason street trail.



Thursday : 05/30/13

AM : 23:17

to work via the mason street trail.

LUNCH : easy track workout -- 6 X 400m w/ 100m recovery

(72, 69, 68, 70, 70, 69) - 1 mile warmup, 1/2 mile cool down


PM : 24:09

ran home via mason street trail.



Friday : 05/31/13

AM : 24:22

to work via the mason street trail.



Saturday : 06/01/13

Horsetooth Mountain Park - 1 hr 25 mins

Originally planned to Race Pilot Hill 25k today, but bailed at 5am...last minute.

Had some time in the afternoon during the kiddos nap time to head out to Horsetooth.

Workout went like this:
Main TH > Falls > R on Spring Creek > L on Stout > L on Herrington > L on Spring Creek > R up Wathan > Rock Summit > down Rock Trail > Herrington > R on Spring Creek > Falls > main TH

Spring Creek over looking Falls trail

The Res from Stout

Summit view

summit

Herrington trail


Sunday : 06/02/13

Pineridge : 38:14

Starting from Spring Canyon Park



-----------------------------------------------------------------------


  • Well its looking like my truck is permanently out of order.  Time to trade in both our cars and get a somewhat newer minivan/SUV ride, but probably not until sometime in July.  Getting out to the trails has been tough at times, but I sure do enjoy it even it its only for an hour or 2 here and there.

  •  Opted out of Pilot Hill 25 last minute. Combination of lackluster training and vehicle logistics aided my decision. I suppose I could have carpooled, but I would have needed a ride to the carpool spot! 

  • I also threw in an easy track workout this week. First one in over 4 months!  I figured I needed to get my legs moving a bit, since the lack of trail running has dissipated any and all amounts of vertical I am usually getting in each week, I thought that a speed workout might be good to makeup for the little 5 feet of vertical I have been getting to and from work.  Felt good to get the legs moving a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out these links!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...