"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"
-Pre

Saturday, September 8, 2012

RECAP : August 27 - Sept 2

--- Monday - 08/27/12 ---

Foothill Trail (long loop) - 48:31

Felt great. easy effort.


--- Tuesday - 08/28/12 ---

Horsetooth Rock Summit - 1hr 10 min

Felt good.  Rock trail up, South ridge down.


--- Wednesday - 08/29/12 ---

Pineridge - 33:23

Started from Maxwell TH.   


--- Thursday - 08/30/12 ---

Foothills Trail (short loop) - 34:38

Super easy effort. 


--- Friday - 08/31/12 ---

PM - Pineridge loop - 42:10

Started this run at 10pm.  Wanted to test out some easy night running with a light, since I will be running many hours in the darkness of the night in a couple of weeks -- during the Steamboat 100 miler.

Started from the dog park and ran one lap around Pineridge.  The moon tonight was bright and for at least half the run I ran with the light turned off, as there was plenty of moon light shining down on the trail ahead.

I love running at night...cooler temps, nice calm breeze, quiet and peaceful...ahhh, love each and every step of it!


--- Saturday - 09/01/12 ---

Horsetooth Park - 1hr 33 min    

 Started from the Horsetooth liquor store.  When I got to the main trail-head I got stopped by the lady checking for parking permits. Apparently, I am supposed to carry my parking permit with me when running into the park.  I guess this rule has been around for sometime, according to her.  But this was the  first time ever that I had been asked to see my permit....while running into the park.  

Anyway --- workout went like this:

Main TH  > Falls > Spring Creek > up Wathan > down Rock trail > Soderberg > Spring Creek > Stout > down Towers > Swan Johnson > Soderberg TH > Inlet Bay > back to truck

Felt really good.  Ran the ups and downs at a consistent effort, nothing hard....but comfortable effort.


--- Sunday - 09/02/12 ---

OFF 

--------------------------------------------------------------- 

Started to feel...off, starting on Sunday.  Elli was sick with a cough and runny nose all Saturday, and so I am guessing I caught a little of what she had.  Not exactly what I want 2 weeks out of running my first 100 miler in the mountains.  So I took Sunday off to rest.  

The Next 2 weeks I will be in taper mode, so easy running and cutting back mileage.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out these links!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...