"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"
-Pre

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

RECAP : Nov 21 - Nov 27

Monday - 11/21/11

Lunch. Treadmill climb.
5 minutes warmup
30 minutes @ 10 min/mi pace @ 12% grade
5 minute cooldown

This one was tough. Legs were starting to feel the burn the last few minutes of this workout. I think 10 min pace at 12% grade, for any extended period of time, seems to be my current red-lining zone. Would have had a longer warmup and cooldown, but had to get back to the office. I hope to extend these uphill treadmill climbs to somewhere in the 60-90 minute range by the spring.

PM - easy 40 minutes jogging from work to home. Via spring creek trail and local backroads.


Tuesday - 11/22/11
PM - easy 45 minutes. Ran home from work. Took mason street path and a few backstreets.

Wednesday - 11/23/11

OFF

Thursday - 11/24/11
OFF

Friday - 11/25/11
Easy 1 hr 20 minutes in the afternoon. Local roads.

Saturday - 11/26/11
OFF

Sunday - 11/27/11

Easy 50 minutes in the afternoon. Ran to dogpark and then onto spring creek trail and back home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------


On the running front this past week was fairly easy and for the most part, uneventful. I didnt get to the track this week because I thought I might be running the Thanksgiving day 4-miler, as my speed day. However, it wasnt until the night before when I decided to skip it. Trying to run a race, prep food in the kitchen for Thanksgiving dinner later in the day, and get all of Eliana's stuff packed and ready to get down to Denver by noonish.....would have have been logistically near impossible. Especially with one car in the household. Thanksgiving is at our place next year, so next year I will be entered and racing on Thanksgiving morning! :-)

The treadmill climb workouts have been the highlight of my runs, surprisingly. As I am not a fan of running on a treadmill, cranking up the grade, lowering my shoulders and grunting out a decent "climb" is always a great feeling. I think 12% grade at 10 min/mi pace is near the top end of my fitness right now.....at least for anything lasting 30 minutes or longer. I have been feeling the improved strength and cardio benefits of my last couple of workouts on the track and on these treadmill climbs, in my legs lately. Legs have been feeling strong and quick.

Planning to get the new car battery this week (payday!) and so a trip or two to Horsetooth Mtn Park is in the works for this upcoming week. As is a track workout and perhaps a run or two at Pineridge or foothills trails. I have missed running on the dirt this past month.

Feels good to be getting back in shape and feeling strong on these climbs and track workouts. Looking forward to getting back on the trails this week.

Eliana'a birthday was on Tuesday, and we had a little gathering for her to celebrate her 1st birthday! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out these links!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...