"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"
-Pre

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

RECAP : Oct 24 - Oct 30

10-24-2011
Mon - 45 mins
Pineridge. Easy

10-25-2011
Tues - 50 mins
Foothills Trail. Easy

10-25-2011
Wed - 40 mins
Pineridge. First snow of the year. About 8 inches in town. Felt great to run on the soft powdery trails. TONS of tree limbs broken off everywhere. Cold, 30 degrees.

10-26-2011
Thurs - 30 mins
Pineridge. Another easy snowy day. Temps got down to about 12 degrees at night. Snow wont last long as the temps will get back up into the 50's this weekend. Making it a muddy slop fest on the dirt.

10-27-2011
Fri - OFF
All the trails in town were closed off due to muddy trail conditions. I am sure blue sky and HT is open but didnt have the time for the drive over there after work. bummer.

10-28-2011
Sat - OFF
Same as yesterday. Another busy day and had no time at all to get out for a run. Andrea had a girls evening and so Eliana and Daddy had a fun time eating dinner and watching some cartoons together :-)

10-29-2011
Sun - 53 mins
With the trails still being closed and muddied up, I hit the road for an out an back run. Starting from the dog park on HT I ran Overland to the drive in theater, turned west and ran up the long grinding hill at the end, turned left at the stop sign (onto centennial) and ran to the top of the hill. Turned around and ran back down the same way. Definetely felt the pounding of the hard road on my shins and ankle. Actually as I am writing this, my right ankle is actually pretty tender/painful at times. Not sure what is up with that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another easy week. Im not a fan of taking consecutive days off, but thats just how some weeks go I guess.

Some pictures from my run on Wednesday :










The weather has cleared up but the forecast is calling for another 6-9 inches of white powder starting this Tuesday night through Wednesday. Should be (hopefully) a fun time out on the trails! Hopefully I can find time to make a trip or two to HT Mtn later this week.

Still working on my winter base training schedule. Hopefully I will have it completed later this week.

Just found out Leadville 100 costs $275. Ouch! there goes my lunch/eating out/dinner/entertainment... money for the month. Simply ridiculous fees!
Guess I will get by with eating Ramen and cheerios the next 4 weeks. I think I seriously need to think about getting a second job or something. These race entry fees are just killing the wallet.

Also on a side note: my truck broke. (maybe the battery...not quite sure) Havent had time to get it looked at yet. But looks like I will be making the 20 minute jog to and from work this week. Just Super!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out these links!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...