"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"
-Pre

Thursday, November 17, 2011

RECAP : Nov 7 - Nov 13

Monday - 11/07/11
40 minutes. easy. Ran in the evening around town. felt good.

Tuesday - 11/08/11
AM - 22 minutes. easy jog into work via mason street corridor pathway. Wore camelbak.

PM - 45 minutes. Ran home from work. Ran along spring creek trail to horsetooth dog park... back home.

Wednesday - 11/09/11
50 minutes. Ran at night after dinner. I havent been on the trails in awhile since my truck has been offline, and since some of the trails have been closed anyway. So I decided to run from my house down to Pineridge to check out the trail conditions, and run back. Trails Still closed. Legs had some good spring in them and the full moon, no breeze, cold and quiet evening out on Pineridge where you could here a pin drop.....was really cool.

Thursday - 11/10/11
Noon - I had some spare time at lunch and since the weather was nice and I had my track flats with me in my office, I decided to walk the 50 yards to the track from my office door, and get in a short workout. I havent done any speed on the track since May or June. So I had no idea what to expect. After a 1 mile warmup I ran 2 x 800 and then another mile cooldown. A very short workout, but a great way to kill some time during lunch break.
Ran 2:30 and 2:33. I wanted to run these repeats at a hard, yet comfortable pace. I didnt look or record any splits, just the start and the finish. Overall, I am pleased, as I thought I was running in the low to mid 2:40's for both of them. I plan to make it to the track for a workout once a week during the winter. ...rain, sleet, snow....etc! :-)

PM - 22 minutes. Easy jog home after work via the mason street corridor.

Friday - 11/11/11
40 minutes. Another run home after work. easy.

Saturday- 11/12/11
OFF

Sunday- 11/13/11
OFF

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am finally starting to get into more of a groove as far as getting in certain runs during the week. The track workout this past week was nice. Felt good to open it up a bit and still feel fresh. Next week I plan to do another speed day at the track, as well as a hill climb on the treadmill.
I still havent done anything long, for over an hour, in quiet some time. And this is something I definetly want to make more a priority at some point. I desperately need to get a new pair of shoes, as the shoes I am currently running in hurt my feet if I run in them for anything too long. I have even cycled in my racing flats for some runs, just to make what I got last longer. Thats part of the reason why I havent gone long in a while. Not having a truck to get to the mountains, and just not finding the time...are the other reasons.

I might run the 4 mile thanksgiving day run in town. Its a great race if you want to go out in 5 flat for the first mile and not be in the top 20! Competition is pretty studly to say the least. And the temperature will be around 15...maybe 20 degrees for the start! fun times!
I should have a few more speed days at the track (and hill climbs) prior to thanksgiving day. I have no idea what sorta time I will put up if I decide to run it...but I do know that I will give it everything I have.

Elianas 1st birthday is only a week or so away (the 22nd). Wow! I have been going through pictures of her these past few days of when she was really little, and its just something I do from time to time as it always puts a smile on my face and gets me in a good mood. :-)
Andrea is making a chocolate fudge and banana cream cake for her birthday party. Fresh bananas, whip cream, fudge....I cant wait! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out these links!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...