"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"
-Pre

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

RECAP : Oct 31 - Nov 6

Monday - 10/31/11
45 minutes. Easy.
Ran in the evening around town at an easy pace. Local trails (outside of blue sky/ Horsetooth) still closed for muddy conditions.
My truck broke this past weekend, so all running will be most likely on the road this week, as getting around with one vehicle will have to suffice for the time being.

Tuesday - 11/01/11
AM- 24 minutes. Easy. Jogged to work via the mason street pathway. Wore my lightweight camel pak carrying a change of clothes for the office.

PM- 1hr 10 minutes. Easy. Ran home after work. Took the long way home via the spring creek trail to horsetooth dog park and then hopped on Horsetooth Rd and east back home.

Wednesday - 11/02/11
AM- 22 minutes. Easy. cold 12 degrees, icy and foggy! Jogged to work via mason street pathway. I think my eyes froze on this morning jog to work...super cold in the AM! We got a few inches of snow last night, but the paths are clear. So made it great for an easy jog into work. Wore camelbak again.

PM- 55 minutes. Similar to yesterdays route except I got off the spring creek trail at Drake and took some back roads home. Slighter shorter route. chilly. 30 degrees.

Thursday - 11/03/11
AM- 19:30. Easy jog into work. Icy patches all over mason street path made it an interesting easy jog into work.

PM- 45 minutes. Basically ran through several backstreets and took a long out-of-the-way route. After several days of pounding on cement I was ready to run on some "softer" asphalt for a change.

Friday - 11/04/11
35 minutes. Easy running around the neighborhood.

Saturday- 11/05/11
OFF- Spent the day and evening down in Denver visiting family.

Sunday - 11/06/11
OFF- Busy day. Plus Eliana wasnt feeling that well so we made it a "stay inside" kinda afternoon. We did visit friends in the evening who was gracious enough to invite us over their place and made us a delicious spaghetti dinner! Yum!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall, another blah week of running.
Truck is still out of commission and until I can get my hands on an extra $75 for a new battery it will most likely stay that way for a bit. Running to and from work isnt my favorite workout in the world, but it gets me up and moving early, so I guess thats good.
With only one car right now, I havent had any time to check out any of the local trail conditions. But hopefully I can hit the trails again soon, this pavement stuff isnt my favorite.
Also, and probably the biggest disappoinment this past week, is that I will most likely not be running in Leadville 100. A race I have looked forward to running for about 2 years now, is gonna have to wait...(sigh)

Right now, with one car out of commission, and another badly needing a new pair of winter tires (they are slicks!), the list of priorities on spending $290 (tax included) for a race is unfortunetly near the bottom (err...at the bottom).
The race will fill up quickly, so even if I win the lotto in the next few weeks, most likely it will be too late.

One alternative I am thinking of running, is the Pikes Peak Marathon. I have never ran it. And it is around, if not the same, weekend as Leadville. I have run the Ascent in 2009 and the Barr trail race several times. But the marathon might be an option for me, and is another race I have been wanting to do. And it is less than half the cost of Leadville, I believe.

Until we get both cars working again, running will be more of a "whenever I can" sorta thing. So planning specific workouts right now might be a challenge.

This I do know, I plan to run: 1 long run (3-4+ hours), 1 hill day (repeats or long climbs via Towers or treadmill), and 1 speed day (track), per week as a minimum, as my staple for winter training. Just not sure which days of the week they will be until I can get around again with my truck.

Pretty bummed about Leadville, kinda stinks that races are soo dang expensive...the entry fee alone weeds out those who have a fat stash of cash lying around and those who, well, dont. Makes me wonder how many other runners opt out of a race, who could be a contender, just because of the entry fee. its a shame, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out these links!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...