"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"
-Pre

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Foothills Trail (9/21)

Today's run started out at the Maxwell trailhead, just South of the CSU football stadium. With a race a few days out, I wanted to make this my last hard effort of the week.

I basically ran a controlled tempo, "30 minutes out, 30 minutes back". However the second half of my hard runs are usually slightly faster than the first half, as I try to push a negative split in my hard runs in hopes of training my body to push harder and run faster during the latter stages of a race when I am generally more fatigued.

I ran the climbs and the downs hard, and easy on the flats. More specifically, I wanted to run the ups as hard and efficient as I could without redlining, and run the downs focusing on my footwork and putting more "trust" in my ankle.

I felt great on the climbs and pretty good on the downs. I still have slight hesitation on some of the more technical fast descending sections of the trail. I think this is more a mental thing, that will eventually go away with time...and more downhill running.

Anyway, felt good overall.

Up next...2 days of easy running, followed by the Sombrero trail race!

Total Time : 58:25 (30 minutes out, 28:25 back)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out these links!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...