"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"
-Pre

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

RECAP : Sept 19 - Sept 25

Last week was mostly centered around the Sombrero trail race. Which didnt go exactly as I had hoped on the rough downhill sections. My ankle doesnt hurt, it just doesnt respond the way I would have liked on the tech downhills. I know that over time this will go away, and I need to focus on the bigger picture. The winter is approaching and I am not planning on running many races this winter, so I have all that time to simply enjoy the trails and let my ankle get back to normal over the course of the fall/winter months. And then I can look forward to the 2012 spring and summer, which for me, will hopefully include a few trail ultras.(something that I have been eagerly anticipating)

This next week I might head over to the track for a quality speed session, and get some zing back into the legs. Thinking about running the Silent trails 10 miler in a couple of weeks and I am hoping to get in some quality leg turnover sessions from now until the race. (if I decide to run it) I would also like to get in a handfull of long runs in the next week or two as well.

The remainder of 2011 fall/winter will be focused on slowly building up my endurance in preparation for a handful of ultras next year, including Leadville 100 next august, which will be my main focus race in 2012.



Weather has been warm of late (mid 80's to upper 80's) ugh! ...I am hoping the Autumn weather returns soon.

Total Time : 5hrs 44 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out these links!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...