"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"
-Pre

Friday, September 16, 2011

Pineridge (9/15)

My run on Thursday was not much different than my run on Wednesday.
The first 15 minutes of my run it was raining pretty hard, and splishing and splashing through the numerous puddles along the trail was actually quite fun. Once the rain stopped, the trails were a complete mud pit.
I basically ran whichever trails were runnable, and avoided the the more sloppy stuff the best I could.

I didnt have any route in mind that I wanted to run, and so I ran a hodgepodge of several (somewhat runnable) loops in Pineridge, and then headed back to my truck once I hit the 1 hour mark.



...One thing that stuck out to me while the rain was pouring down on me, was that something is missing from my trail running arsenal....water proof clothing!

I have always had the "less is better" approach when it comes to what I wear in the rain. (sometimes running in general)
I just dont like being weighed down with bulky clothes and extra "stuff" when I am running in the cold/rain. The less bulky clothes I wear the more "free" I feel when running.
Unless the temps fall below 40 degrees, I usually just wear a pair of shorts and sometimes just a tech shirt.

And I suppose I have a super lightweight camelbak that I can hardly feel on my back when I am wearing it. I remove the bladder and store nutrition for long runs consisting of several hours or longer.

...And so I think I will invest in purchasing a nice lightweight waterproof jacket sometime this fall

Total Time : 1hr 2 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out these links!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...