"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"
-Pre

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Horsetooth Mtn (9/13)


Started my run this afternoon from the main Horsetooth parking lot. I hopped on the Horsetooth falls trail, which is a nice smooth, mostly downhill, route. Just before the falls I turned onto Spring Creek for a short climb and traverse around the contour of the Mtn.


At the intersection of Spring Creek and Stout, I took the sharp left turning onto Stout. The climb up Stout towards Herrington is constant and consists of single track trail with small to medium sized loose rocks. There are a few patches of flat sections, but overall it is an uphill grinder. I was able to push myself on this stretch of trail and quickly broke into a heavy sweat. I guzzled down most of my water during this part of the run. It was hot and I was pushing hard.

After reaching the intersection of Stout and Herrington, I turned onto Herrington and enjoyed this nice downhill section after running the previous climb fairly hard.
I took Herrington to the Horsetooth rock trail and ran the last few downhill miles fairly easy, taking in the views.



Finished up at the parking lot and felt pretty good overall, almost zero hint of any ankle injury! Pretty easy run, while pushing the pace on one or two of the climbs felt pretty good for a change.

Trail summary : Horsetooth Falls > Spring Creek > Stout > Herrington > Spring Creek > Soderberg > Horsetooth Rock Trail. (A nice little loop)


Total Time : 53 minutes



Gotta love the single track

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out these links!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...