"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"
-Pre

Saturday, September 3, 2011

The starting line (9/3)

I started my run this morning at the trailhead near the dog park by the Pineridge trails. As the temperatures have been above 90 degrees for 20 consecutive days, it was refreshing to wake up to a cool 56 degree morning. I took the trail up to the ridge, about a half mile in, and then proceeded to head south before turning north, running north along the west most trail, towards the foothills trail. after the short climb up to the foothills trail, I ran a short loop and proceeded to head back the way I came.









For the most part I kept the pace easy with a little surging here and there on the easy rolling stuff, testing out the footing/balance/strength/proprioception of my ankle. Not 100%, but surely better than the jog-hobble I had 2 weeks ago.

Total Time: 1hr 28 min

About 5 weeks ago I sprained my right ankle while running down Flattop Mtn in RMNP. I spent the first 3 weeks inactive. Icing, rehabing and nursing my ankle for most days. My first attempt at running again came 2 weeks ago, however after jog-hobbling for only 5 minutes, it was apparent I was not ready to hit the trail, as every step created a sharp knife like pain under my foot. Not good.. The run today was much better and it was the first in 5 weeks of anything over 30 minutes of continuous trail running.
It felt great to run mostly pain free once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out these links!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...